Wednesday, February 21, 2007

How does Gay Hudson feel about the Finnish Line?



Ok, I'm a faigeleh (as if you haven't figured that out...)

I have TWO gym memberships....and even with both gym memberships COMBINED, I still spend more money each month on the two yoga studios I go to....sigh...and I'm STILL not happy with my body (that's another post, another blog.....)

My gym in Manhattan is constant, man-to-man action. If a woman sat in the men's steamroom, she'd become pregnant.

At the Finnish Line, well, I don't think anything ever happens there. (Comments?)

First off, the Finnish Line has a GREAT weekender rate, $165 for six months (initially you have to pay the set up $49 fee). Weekend rates give you three days/week.

The personal steam showers ARE amazing. Confusing, but great. I actually do not use my shower in Hudson. I wake up, walk the dog, go to the gym, and use the steam shower. I love it. (I do bring my own soap....I'm not using CVS brand on my skin....no...)

How to Use the Steam Shower:
OK, this is what you do. As soon as you're done working out, turn ON the steam shower -- before you get undressed. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS! They're accurate. Just read, people. Follow the top set. Just press the ON button, then the other button until it says "P1".

It's easy...

Then, after you've turned the shower on, get undressed. By the time you're ready, your steam shower will be ready too! YAY! It's really excellent for your skin. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize...and it feels SO great when it's cold out.

You DO run the risk of someone TAKING your shower while you're undressing. It's a risk, folks, like many things in life. But most people don't know how to use the steam showers, they're scared, and you're fine.

Plus, it's not like the locker room is packed.

My fav experience at the Finnish Line was during the Christmas holiday, when they had a big box of free butter cookies out by the front desk. Great.

Other than that, there's no scene at the Finnish Line. At the 'other' gym, (which I don't think is technically in Hudson), there's nothing going on there, either.

So, it looks like if you're going to gym, then you're really going to work out.

Which is probably why there are so few gay men there.

ANY COMMENTS? I'm looking for input on this one.....

PS - they are now open until 3pm on Sundays....this way, you can work out right after church.

....right....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said it all. Snoozefest gym. Thanks for the advice on the steam shower though!

Aaron said...

i gave this webpage URL to my friend who is a hudson national. he happens to have a membership to the gym and was very happy to learn how to use the steam shower, for he had no idea how to use it. in that little click he is considered the "charlotte" of the group. they try to coin me off as Samantha, but i am Totally Carrie, i have much better shoes than anybody else!!!

Rich said...

For the people who actually KNOW me, I'm a total MIRANDA, like 90%, with a dash of Samantha.

The Samantha part comes through on the blog....because would you REALLY want to read a blog by Miranda? No, I didn't think so.

Anonymous said...

It was truly brilliant to post the instructions...

I can't recall how many times I sat there naked pushing the button, trying to act like I knew what was happening...

You're right, bring your own (lube), the soap they use is kinda gross.

I had a funny "accidentally spill the gym bag on the floor in front of the straight guys" experience there once. I always overpack you see -- have to be ready for any experience... any hanky... however unlikely the venue...

Anonymous said...

We are members of the "other gym" (it my technically be Greenport...but what does that matter.) There are a few gay men there...but truly seems like a place to work out. Who'd of thought! -Twoinhudson

Aaron said...

my Miranda is a cunty bitch. he complains, but always has the grace and charm of princess grace.