Monday, February 19, 2007

Stray Bar -- Hudson, New York

Hi Readers,

Most of my posts regarding going out in Hudson revolve around the Red Dot. But last night, I ended up at Stray Bar and I met the new owner, Peggy, and talked to her for a while. (I'm assuming she's the new owner, correct me if I'm wrong...)

She's a delightful woman and we had a great conversation. I give her a lot of credit, it's not easy running a bar.

Last night, my friend and I did a quick count, and at least half of Stray Bar was gay - which from what I understand, is how it got it's name (straight + gay = stray).

AND, last night, while talking to Peggy, THREE anonymous photos came my way of someone showing their butt, in a jockstrap, I guess, somewhere at Stray Bar.....love it!

So, what's my point?

Given that Peggy is so nice, (and she's really trying to bring a good crowd to Stray), that there seems to be a sizable gay crowd at Stray Bar, and that there's obviously some gay Hudson butt floating around in a jock strap, (yay! See the photos below! I LOVE IT! Send me butt pics!) I might have to walk a couple of extra blocks and hang out at Stray....

...and the $4 peach margarita was good...

There will be more posts throughout the week (and probably today) and PLEASE send me stuff. (rich@biggayapple.com) I'm invited to a couple of parties next weekend, so I may not be at the Red Dot at EXACTLY the same time you are....(omg, people are all pissy now if I don't show up at the Red Dot the same day/time they're there....wtf?)

Kudos to Peggy - I wish her the best of luck! My hat's off to anyone in this town with a little chutzpah to put their neck out and take a chance!

4 comments:

Aaron said...

$4 margarita, oh i am so there.

Anonymous said...

The reason that Hudson has to be larger than Red Dot is that the crowd there is so specific...

Like, the Camphill Volunteers generally go to Red Dot, but the Bard kids go to Stray...

The Red Dot crowd is older, quite urban/hip, coupled, and sometimes is just hanging out at the bar for their waiting for their committment papers to be signed and the bus to pick them up. The singles go to Stray, party and interact a bit more, tend to be upstate/hip.

I think the sidewalk smoking lounge at Stray is mildly cooler than the Red Dot's fire pit, but that's a personal opinion. They are both great places to hang out.

Aaron said...

$4 margaritas, oh i am so there...

wait i alright said it. well i will say it again.

beats the price of the margaritas at Trailer Park, but those are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

Anonymous said...

"My hat's off to anyone in this town..."

Yeah more than that, if the bathroom wall at the Dot is to be believed...