Thursday, May 31, 2007

Joan Rivers and my life.

I saw Joan Rivers Wednesday night. In person. A friend and I went. We sat in the front table, she was about 5 feet from us.

She performs at the Cutting Room on 24th Street in Manhattan, http://www.thecuttingroomnyc.com/

Of course, you have to go see her....while she's still alive...
She puts on a GREAT show. $30/each. It's about an hour.

All of the proceeds she donates to charity.
Her shtick is still funny. She tells 9/11 jokes. About widows who got money after their husbands died in the Towers. Nothing is sacred. It's Joan Rivers.
"Look at your husband. Just look at him! Think, 'Harry' or 5 million dollars - AFTER TAXES. That's how much those widows got. Think about it!"
She also said that one Christmas, she bought a Christmas tree, even though she's a Jew.

"I got everything, the manger, Jesus, Mary, Joseph....But I dressed Mary myself. I took off that schemata she was wearing, put her in a Chanel suit, a Gucci bag, and Prada shoes. You're the mother of God - DRESS LIKE IT! Then, they would have gotten a room at the Inn! A suite at the Palestine Hilton!"
oh Joan...

She's 75 and still doing stand up. More power to her....

OK, so, now the biggest dilemna of my life if where do I spend my weekends? Manhattan or upstate? I know, I should have other problems....

Upstate wins out this weekend....I think I'm going to spend the days on the water, kayaking, and my gay dog and I are invited to a party on Saturday....we'll see how that goes....


Red Dot Sunday evening for drinks? What's everyone doing this weekend?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

75? You think that's old??? My house is older than that!

Anonymous said...

house gaggle

Anonymous said...

You're making it so easy tho shop for that special blogger's Christmas present...

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/walk.yah.1001~1652~B632