Monday, October 29, 2007

The 12534 – And Welcome To It!

Dear Agnes, it's me, Rose Marie. That nice young lady, Miss (or “Ms.” as they all seem to call themselves nowadays) Trixie that you introduced me to at Fairview Wines and Apertifs asked me to acquaint myself with everyone on this blog if I am going to continue to post comments here - and so I gaily shall! She's so very familar looking to me, but I swear I'd recall it if we'd met - that odd haircolor stands out in a place like Hudson.

Well, I think I know Hudson pretty well, having grown up here and all, so it seems odd I know no one here on “Olde Gay Hudson Dot Com” except dear Agnes! Very odd. I know EVERYONE and their stories. I’m famous for it. In “The 12534” as the young Aaron calls it.

You must all be newcomers here. And belong to parishes besides Saint Mary’s - like one of the other new faiths such as Episcopal. I suppose I represent the other side of Hudson, you know, the people who want to make the town nice and don’t want to focus on the negative issues, like crime and water and sewer issues and politics. I just know I like getting my lawn mowed for free.

I am best known in Hudson as a communicant at the 8:00 am Sunday Mass at Saint Mary's, where I love to sing. I get quite a response from people! And I watch the change box at table seven at their Trash 'n' Treasure sales, the table with all the nice things on it. And I organize their annual Altar Wine Tasting benefit. I'd like to make it a monthly event, or even weekly, but it seems that we run out of altar wine too fast as it is.

My car is a 1988 Riviera with the deluxe interior package. When people see it parked around Hudson, they all seem to say, “Oh well, Rose Marie is here!” That makes me happy. I do get around a lot. You'll see me all over Columbia County. And as a girl growing up we used to spend a week every summer at a cabin on Lake George. Now we go to Florida. I went to New York City once to see the Christmas Show at the Radio City Music Hall, but I got sick on the train ride home and have never gone back. They know me by name at all the shops in town, from Peebles to the Fashion Bug. So if you see peering over your back fence poking around, just shout out "Hey Rose Marie!" and fill me in on your business.

I love dirt! I love to garden. I love to dig in the soil with my hands and put things in and wait for them to come out! And digging around in Hudson dirt, there's so much buried there, you never know what's going to come out.

I love my family. Here’s a picture of my son Richie when he was an altar boy at Saint Mary’s. Boy all the priests there loved him! He has a good career now at Columbia Memorial. Ladies – he’s quite a catch! Grab him! You hear me? GRAB HIM!

I volunteer in the Hudson Library children’s reading room, and make sure it is stocked with wholesome children’s classics like “The Cat in the Hat” and “I Have One Mother and One Father, Not Two Mommies Or Any Other Aberration They Think Up”.

I’ve known Agnes since we attended the Fourth Street grade school together, and lived on “opposite sides of the alley” (Warren Street!) The good old days. And believe it or not, we’re still the best of friends. Though I’m happier now that she isn’t seen around town so much in those provocative costumes she used to wear.

My ethnic background, since everyone seems to want to know that sort of thing nowadays because there is so much confusion in the world, is white American, married Italian, Daughters of the American Revolution, Hendrick Hudson Chapter. Like they say, treasure the past - or lose it. I think Osama knows just what I mean. I'm a big supporter of Flag Day and all that it represents to Hudson - and I think you know what I mean. My friends all agree with me.

That's all for now from Lucille Drive. Until later my little sperm whalers! Have a nice day.

6 comments:

Agnes said...

Heh heh heh yeah we sure did have a lotta fun in high school...

Eepkay away romfay hattay itchbay Oseray Ariemay!

Anonymous said...

Aggie you where so much more fun than that old "Rose Marie" she always had a stick up her ass and her nose in the air. You where so my kind of girl always will to drop to your knee's for a few bucks. Bring back the old days when you could get a blow job on any corner a peice of ass in any alley and no one asked questions or gave a shit!

Tippy said...

tHAt'S noT VERy NIce AGNes.

Rose Marie said...

I won "Homecoming Queen" fair and square, stop continuing those dead old rumors...

Anonymous said...

I think I've met this Rose Marie... I think she's always intent on being first in line at the polling booth Tuesday morning...

Rose Marie said...

I vote as many times as I can! Kids today just don't have that good old American spirit.