Saturday, November 24, 2007

Can I get a little respect?

This was the day my 6th husband met his maker... It was Terril's 18th birthday and my husband George bought him a beautiful and very thoughtful gift the problem was that he spent the money for Momma's pearl necklace. NO one and I mean No one gets money meant for Momma.They may say blood is thicker than water, but honey PLEASE. I know it is selfish of me but Momma hasn't gotten where she is by being soft. Terril got to keep the watch and Mr. Jefferson gave Momma a big old runny wet pearl necklace that night. Along with my 8th child Latisha...

So the question is are we any better off today than we where 30 yrs ago, we still go around calling each other words that are not acceptable for those of other races to use. And we wonder why we are not treated equally or people still don't respect us, we don't respect each other. I for one have taken that word out of my vocabulary, it is degrading and does nothing to promote respect of self worth.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which word is that? The fag word? The homo word? The queer word?

That's so gay.

Anonymous said...

"Rhett Butler, you're no gentleman - I can't think of anything mean enough to call you.
....FRUITCAKE !!!"

Rose Marie said...

Speaking of fruitcake, have I got a recipe for you!

Agnes said...

Yeah, and I'll bet that fruitcake recipe starts with, "Take one mirror..."