Monday, November 26, 2007

In the wonderful life...







Well its holiday season again. Right? Its starting to get cold. The next thing you know it will be Winter Walk. Never understood why they didn't call it "Winter Stroll" which would make more sense in Hudson. Right kiddos?



In one of my favorite holidy motion pictures you get to see a small town the bad and the good parts of it and the warmth and friednliness and loneliness and nastiness and smalltown part peering through the lace curtains to. The movie really contains a range of human emotion from bad to beautiful even though its ficional. Oftentimes people miss the reality of it because there are moments of saccaharine sweetness grossness but there is a lot of honesty to you know.

I mean there are a few moments when Jimmy Stewart is sitting on the bridge wher you think Shirley Temple is gonna come through tapdancing on a iceflow and your happy there is flowing water that you can puke into.


I was down at Fosters the other day and foud a closet full of old red light bulbs must have been left over from some Christmas party down there. So anybody who tells me who played the hooker in my favorite holiday movie gets one! Its a contest. Tell us the name of this oscar winning actress.


In the movie no one really rools down the wondow and yells "Hey you hooker Julia Roberts suck my dingleberry!" like they did in Pretty Lasy. So you cant just google it like Tippy did to get "Mary Wickes" besuase it was Holwyood and there are no hookers in Hollywood except the actesses. And she didnt win her oscar for this movie, she won it for a different movie. OK?

Its not THAT easy OK? I mean, in the movie I think Frankie Capra just implied that she was a pretty girl who danced well and had better clothes than the Bedford Falls librarian. Though annybody who saw "From Here to Eternity" knows there was quite a bit of hooker in Donna Reed to.


Same rules as with Mary Wicks, post your answer in comments and email Trixie your intials. Except this time you win a red light bulb. For your front door or whatever. Trixie will have them for you in her handbag at Winter Stroll.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lord, if you're up there...look, I'm not a praying person, but if you're up there, I need you to listen, please....I'm at the end of my rope. I'm not asking for nothin' except...show me the way...please....just show me the way.

Anonymous said...

"Hello. Hey, you look good. That's some dress you got on there."

"Oh this old thing? Why, I only wear it when I don't care how I look."

Anonymous said...

She lost her first Oscar nomination to Celeste Holme I think.

Okay, where were you when he needed you? Maybe you were someplace having beautiful thoughts. Well, I wasn't.

I was in a stinkin' gin mill, where all he had to do to see me was walk in, sit down at the table and buy me a drink.


Not many actresses could pull off a line like that.

Anonymous said...

Hey Agnes honey...

We're sisters under the mink.

Anonymous said...

The main thing is to have the money. I've been rich and I've been poor. BELIEVE me, rich is better.

It's hot in here, she's big hot.

Anonymous said...

You're about as romantic as a pair of handcuffs.

Anonymous said...

"Sometimes there seems like times that men ain't got no need for women."

"There's sometimes women ain't got no need for men."

"Yeah, but who wants to be dead?"

Anonymous said...

She was born to be bad...to be kissed...to make trouble!

Anonymous said...

"You don't want that junk. Diamonds would only cheapen you."

"Yeah. But what a way to be cheapened."

Anonymous said...

There are two kinds of girls, bad girls and the other kind. I hope you don't think I'm the other kind.

chris said...

The clues are none too subtle!
Who else but GLORIA GRAHAME could be such a gay guy that she was both hard working and talented -playing some wanton women along the way- but could also be just delightfully trampy enough to have had children by both her father and her son! God Bless Her!!

Anonymous said...

"Your legs are too thin, your hair is too red, you have lips like a cat. You're no good. You give everyone trouble."

"Flattery rolls right off me."

Anonymous said...

"Did he say you were like cognac? All fire in zee glass?"

"No, he said I was like champagne. I made his head spin."

"Yeah, only you'll be the one who winds up with a hangover."

Anonymous said...

It ain't so much a question of not knowing what to do,
I knowed whut's right and wrong since I been ten.
I heared a lot of stories and I reckon they are true,
About how girls're put upon by men.
I know I mustn't fall into the pit,
But when I'm with a feller, I fergit!!!

Anonymous said...

I only did the kind of things I orta, sorta,
To you I was as faithful as c'n be, fer me.
Them stories 'bout the way I lost my bloomers - Rumors!
A lot of tempest in a pot o' tea...

Anonymous said...

It wasn't the way I looked at a man, it was the thought behind it.

Agnes said...

The way I recollect it see Gloria married Nick Ray. Then after they divorced she married his son from an urlier marriage Tony Ray. You think Britney has custody problems now you can't imagine Glo back in 1960

“I married Nicholas Ray, the director. People yawned. Later on I married his son, and from the press's reaction - you'd have thought I was committing incest or robbing the cradle!”

Anonymous said...

Re: Gloria Grahames marriage history ... GOD BLESS HER! Are you sure she wasn't a Gay Guy? She seems to have had a completly sensible/Go-For-It attitude about sex. Honey - you only live once! - enjoy all the dick and ass you can! (well, for that you'd have to move out of Hudson, oh well.)