Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Last Night I Think I Had A Dream

Miss Trixie is entertaining sailors or pirates or butt pirates (for an extra $20!) on the USS Libertine of the Seas so I grabbed all the drink tickets this week and threw Tippy in my purse last night and hit the town.

Tippy is no help with a camera. Useless cat. This is the only picture I found on my phone this morning. Maybe Edith got some too she was running around a lot I gotta ask her.



I hadnt been down to Second and Warren since they closed Dons Candy Shop oh in 2001 or 2002 but it looks the same inside. It was a place where the kids hung out late. Where they used to pack the fudge is where the fudgepackers all gathered last night.



Vico is Italian for something. I don't know what. I know that "Fiat" means fix it again Tony. So maybe "Vico" means Vinny is cooking orzo or counting olives or cruising Olana or Calabrese originally or something equally foreign.

Yeah another really cold Monday night in Hudson. Who else was there last night? Edith. Truxie. Elmo. Charlotte and Miriam, the nuts who run the elder care facility on Allen Street. Velma the one who runs the speakeasy across from Kennedy. Carrie White and Tommy Ross the ones with the paint by numbers gallery. The Five and Dime chick. Big Momma. Hedda. Hillary Clinton. Eleanor Roosevelt. The Chubb Group of Insurance Companies. I dont remember!

It was good to see Big Momma. She was all dolled up, new hat, new wig, and a young buck by her side. She had her claws in him. Apparently the bitch aint been out much publicly lately because shes getting her Gee Eydie. I guess that means shes taking singing lessons from Eydie Gorme. But word from the slammer was that she sang like a canary all along while she was out of commission. Hudson aint no classy Catskills resort with a showroom. I dont know what she got in mind with voice lessons. Try singing at the Half Moon and they throw your Budweiser empties at ya. Try singing at Savoia and unless youre Eartha Kitt they boo you outta there.

Am I the only one who remembers that Eartha Kitt was blacklisted from performing in the US for making antiwar statements in front of Lady Bird Johnson at the White House? That girl was brave and had the courage of her convictions. Those arent the same kind of convictions Big Momma has. Where are these convicted people today? Monday was Martin Luther King day and Big Momma was obsessed with Eydie Gorme. Something is wrong in that. Tippy tells me Eartha Kitt said that one of the main reasons why our young people are protesting is because our involvement in Vietnam is not honorable. We have no business being there and they want to know why we are there. Eartha said that not Eydie. Vietnam Iraq whatever.

People mostly discussed two things at Vico. Either getting laid. Or dinner parties. Or getting laid at dinner parties. Or rugs on sale at Stair Gallery. Or getting laid at dinner parties on rugs on sale at Stair Galleries. Or why I had a cat in my purse.

The restrooms at Vico are spacious and unisex and have green ceilings.

That Justin offers a stiff one behind the bar. I know these things because I didnt have to get my flask outta my purse once last night. He put out a plate of cold cuts and bread so I made a sandwich. And stuck it in my purse for later. This morning it had pawprints all over it. Oh good Edith just sent me all her pictures. I dont recollect any of this.










That last picture I dont know. I didnt know that you could take pictures with a rotary phone also.

13 comments:

aaron said...

Also, Headda Hopper was Kirsten Gillibrandt and Rachel Ray. Rachel was such a mess, she threw up on herself at the end of the bar. Justin had to assist her to the Bathroom. and here i only thought she threw up at the Speakeasy.

Anonymous said...

Do any of you "Historic Hudson" types know where exactly the drinking bell was located? And where did it wind up?

Anonymous said...

I'll bet it wound up in that legendary "Municipal Garage"...

Trixie said...

It's $.37/minute for internet connection, but I'm watching you, Aggie!

WTF?

What, when I leave town FINALLY, there's some ass in Hudson?

Luckily, Trixie is keeping busy with her new butt pirate 'friends'...there's more booty stealing before breakfast than a year in the 12534.

"Can't wait" to return to the Hud, where the weather is cold and the pussies are dry......

Agnes said...

Yeah yeah yeah yeah 37 cents a minute for dry pussy is more like it. Im watching you Trixie! Youre "at sea" today and the only place youre dyed red muff is getting wet is at "Adventure Beach" the water slide play area for kiddies on deck twelve.

Anonymous said...

the photo with the 2 horses drinking is really beautifull

Anonymous said...

Did Edith drop her camera into her chocolate martini or something?

Anonymous said...

When does Trixie get home? Is scurvy a communicable disease?

North Fifth Street said...

Yeah there's a lot of booty stealing before breakfast... breakfast onboard isn't until 3:00 pm...

Anonymous said...

Chocolate Martini. What a nice way to celebrate MLK day.

Anonymous said...

You didn't have a dream last night, Aggie. You really were out late, drunk, with a cat in your handbag. Trust me.

Miss Muffy Diver said...

i can help rose marie

keep her moist

like a snack-cake

Rose Marie said...

I love snack cake! I always made sure Richie had one in his Charlies Angels lunchbox when he was at Charles Edwards Elementary!