Friday, April 25, 2008

Eating Out



Last night was Dining Out for Life at four Hudson restaurants. 25% of the proceeds will be donated to local AIDS service organizations.

Four out of the following five restaurants participated. Guess which ones?

Red Dot
Ca' Mea
Vico
Mexican Radio
Kennedy Fried Chicken

I already ate dinner, but as soon as I found out, I ordered food and dessert and ate again (which is not difficult for this plus-size gal.)

Here's a disturbing statistic that was on the donation envelope:

"Half of all new HIV diagnoses in the United States are among people under the age of 25."

Anecdotally, I can confirm that.

About half of my gay male friends, or friends-of-friends, who are now sero-converting are in their early twenties, as young as 20 - 21.

And about half of the people I know who are now sero-converting, there's usually a drug-related story.

Yeah, you and your husband were a lot of help. Thanks.

Trixie's Whorehouse is going to start having condoms available....but I can't put the condoms on all the guys myself!

Well, I could offer assistance, but there would be a small HANDLING CHARGE!


Which brings us to this week's poll, "How SAFE is Hudson?"

How often do you, ALL of you, straight and gay, practice safe(r) sex?

That means, use condoms - not just birth control pills - but condoms, for oral, anal, and vaginal sex?

Are the lesbians off the hook on this one?

Invisible Lesbian Jet

No comments: