Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fate and Justin's Juice

THIS is the Justin Juice I'm talking about.......what did you think?


It was Hedda Hudson who told me on Christmas day that there were half price drinks at Vico on Monday's. (The Red Dot's closed on Mondays, and God forbid there's a DRY night in this town.)

Thanks to another fabulous Hudsonite for making the phone calls and emails and getting people to come out on a Monday.

I've been out of town for the past couple of weeks, and it's always good to get back into the sling -- I mean SWING of things...

Some of you have tasted Justin's Juice before....but this was my first time.

Justin has been out there promoting his juice for a while now, and it's very sweet. It's made from rum, vodka, peach schnapps, cranberry, pineapple, and sour.

Try it. On Mondays it's $4. And it's a large glass of alcohol.

Anyway, I opened up the Register Star today and read on the first page that Quentin "Cross to learn fate today."

And I thought....wow.

What if the rest of us had to go to a meeting and face someone who knew our fate for the next five years?

For instance....they'd tell you:

"You're going to win the lottery in three years."

Or,

"You will meet your one true love."

Or,

"You'll be a lonely, friendless, drunken crack whore and die in your basement of an overdose. They'll find your body after three weeks because the stench of your rotting corpse will annoy the neighbors."

If we found out what our fate would be in five years, would it change the way we live our lives now?

For some of us, our lives in five years may be exactly the same as our lives now, and that may be fine.

Anyway, my point is, if you told me five years ago, that I'd be in a small town in upstate New York promoting parties in drag, with a polyester wig and a vinyl purse, my reaction would have been,

"What? Why upstate New York?"

Speaking of which, there's a party this Friday, the 11th.

Don't spend all your money at the Stair Gallery auction beforehand, OK?

Get on the email list - to the right, if you want the $5 admin.

Yet another shameless plug.


OK...I will leave you with this....true story...

I walked my dog this morning to the Promenade Park and met another dog walker. It was a little chilly, but still a bright sunny day, and maybe it's going to turn into a nice warm spring day, like yesterday...

We were looking out over the water and he turned to me and said,

"I don't understand, I come to this park and there's hardly anyone here. This park is so beautiful, it's a gift."

"I know," I said.

"Well, at least we're here, enjoying it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What one person calls a "shameless plug", I call "practice".

Loved your little O.Henry antedote about your walk in Promenade Park.
In the middle of this smutty site, it was like a Spring Snowdrop pushing it's way through Winters muck.