Friday, May 23, 2008

I'll put on some silver

on the Hudson docks, this am

"Come on down to the Mermaid Cafe and I will buy you a bottle of wine
And we'll laugh and toast to nothing and smash our empty glasses down
Let's have a round for these freaks and these soldiers
A round for these friends of mine
Let's have another round for the bright red devil
Who keeps me in this tourist town

Come on, Carey, get out your cane
I'll put on some silver
Oh you're a mean old daddy, but I like you.
I like you. I like you. I like you."

--Joni Mitchell


People ask me, "How do you like living in Hudson full time?"

And I have to stop, because I'm afraid to say, "It's like being on vacation every day."

So far, so good.

It's a beautiful day, and it's going to be a beautiful weekend!

ENJOY!

No comments: