Friday, May 23, 2008

Un-Drag Bake in Chatham


By the way, did I tell you?

I'm taking photos for InsideOut now. If you have an event that you would like me to cover, somewhere in the Hudson Valley, just email me.

Trixie@GayHudson.com

Here we go, true story.

I thought about covering the "UnShad Bake" in Chatham on Sunday. (Shad is a fish, which is now endangered - maybe too many Shad Bakes - so, it's now an UN-Shad Bake.)

I called and asked to cover it as press, mentioning that I would be in drag, as Trixie.

The first conversation went well....but then an hour later, I got a phone call from someone else.

"Due to our constituents, I would prefer that you not be in drag." I was told.

WELL!

All I'm going to say is that if you plan on going tomorrow, you might want to make sure you wear clothing that is appropriate to your gender.

We don't want to ruffle any feathers, do we?

Excuse me, but could you please wear a dress? Thank you.



"If you obey all of the rules, you miss all of the fun."
- Katherine Hepburn


I've thought about this, and frankly, I'm not going, press or otherwise.

Plus, I have a party to promote for Saturday, June 7th - where everyone is welcome to come and dress however the fuck you want!

$50 prize for best 80s outfit!

Love ya,

Trixie



No comments: