Friday, July 25, 2008

Luck-luckity-luck-luck...

Lost All, Won $1, Won $4

You thought I forgot.

Well, here's the Lucky 7s from the past three days.

Wed, Thurs, and Friday.

On Wednesday, I lost both. Down $2.

On Thursday, I won $1. Net net, I was down another $1

And today, I won $4, so up $2.

Total, over the past three days, down $1.

Fascinating.

"Trixie," you say, "this is a stupid exercise. Just buy a bunch of tickets or call the guy at the community college and he'll tell you the odds. Why are you doing this?"

Is that it?

Is it all pre-determined, Mr. Presbyterian?

You may believe that it is all pre-determined, and that the odds are already set, so why bother?

Or, you may believe that the series of choices, actions, and thoughts I've had in my life lead up to the moment of purchasing the tickets, and that THAT may somehow affect the odds.

Or, you may believe that there are MULTIPLE universes co-existing, in parallel, quantum worlds where I am both WINNING and LOSING, at the same time.

Or, maybe you just don't care at all.

I don't know the answer.

Does anyone?

Luck-luckity-luck-luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the answer is :
Yo' father used to buy them every week - now U do 2.