Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh, Trixie, where have you been? BUSY!

Sent to me by a dear friend and Hudson resident, MH.


Did you see that they are looking for a new Common Council President?

The Common Council has twenty days to pick someone or else ....bum, bum, bum.....the Mayor gets to decide!

Last week, they called me and said,

"Excuse me, is this the Miss Trixie Starr residence?"


"Why yes, this is the Ms. Trixie Starr residence. How may I help you?"

"Well, Ms. Starr, the Common Council is looking for a new president, and we were just wondering...."

"NO! I'm sorry, I can't do it! Not another social engagement, PLEASE! Can't this town just run itself, anyway? Please, stop calling me! I'm busy!"

"Um..no...um...I wanted to say that we are looking for a new president, so, we have a special meeting planned on Monday, and that we won't be able to attend your Tupperware Party."

Oh.

Fine.


If Madonna calls, I'm not home.
Can someone please feed Madonna, thank you.

Everyone is pessimistic about the economy, but I got a call this afternoon from my Tupperware manager (true story), and she said,

"Trixie, we've noticed that you haven't had any sales lately..."

"Well, I don't know, I think it's just a bad market, and a bad economy and people aren't buying airtight plastic food storage containers as much as they should."

(In reality, I've just been lazy, and if it wasn't wintertime, it's quicker and easier to give hand jobs to married men....hey, it's cash, off-the-books. You want air-tight? I'll give you air-tight...but, that'll cost you extra!)

"Well, actually, Tupperware sales are still up. As a matter of fact, there was a great sale on cookware recently, we've been trying to promote it. I think you'll still sell well."

Oh.

Ya gotta love the Tupperware lady! Even in a recession, she is still sunshine, daisies, and positive energy!!

I talked to my electrician today. Guess what? He's been busy lately! Seems that there's a lot of electrical work that needs to be done in this neck of the woods. There's a stable job!

Trixie's advice on how to survive this financial crisis?

Be flexible.

Be willing to change and bend, and like me, do the jobs that the other gals don't want to do.....

Should I consider Common Council President?

hmmm.....well, they already got a few people interested.....plus, I give enough hand jobs as it is!

:)

Love ya,

Trix

No comments: