Tuesday, January 6, 2009

$63.34

Not D.P.W.

I received my water/sewer bill the other day, $63.34.

Now, usually, it's a different amount, for three months. I forget how much, but it's quarterly. This time, it's $63.34. I was thinking, "Oh, has it gone down? Is this the new quarterly bill? Or, has it gone up? Is this a new monthly bill?"

Well, the bill does say that the period is from 11/01/08 up until the present, 12/31/08. Two months.

But, I didn't believe it. I had this sinking feeling that somehow I'd be paying $63.34 every month for water and sewer. (For $63.34/month, I'd rather buy bottled water and shower in that, and I'd get an outhouse).

I'm one person and a dog, we don't use that much water. But, yet, I still pay the same amount for water that a family of five would pay.

Don't get me started...

(Gasoline is "metered", electricity and heat is "metered". Why shouldn't water be metered? Pay for what you use. We just have to get the meters installed, which costs money that the city doesn't have. We have to move to metered water....at some point, it's only fair. )

I called DPW, just to confirm the amount.

It was nice to make a phone call and not have to go through an automated system, or have to speak your account number (and then they STILL ask you for an account number, once you talk to someone, so what's the point of giving the system an account number?).

I wasn't put on hold, and I wasn't transferred to three or four different people or to the Hudson City outsourced call center in Mumbai.

The person who picked up the phone at DPW had the answer. The current bill is for two months.

Hudson is so low tech, that sometimes, it's the best customer service.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Those guys with the pool should pay 10 times as much.

Anonymous said...

I agree. The guys with the three man shower should pay three times as much.

Anonymous said...

The guys with the hot tub need to pay double.

Anonymous said...

Shut the fuck up! It's water for christ sake, it breaks down to one less fucking Cosmo for you queens. In the long run your liver will thank you... Pay the fucking bill

Trixie said...

In the Reg-Star today DPW is going to start testing metered water down by Hudson Terrace.

Metered water might be in our future.

Anonymous said...

Metered water in a Cosmo???

Anonymous said...

So that's why the cosmos at the Red Dot taste like bleach.

Trixie said...

hmmm...BLEACH?

I think you've been ordering your drinks at the Sip and Suds on State!

Anonymous said...

...and the chicken pot pie tastes like Tide

Anonymous said...

Metered cosmos in that skanky HUD project,? O Missy, Hudson is just so wrong.

Trixie said...

And when was the last time you ate Tide?

How do you know what it tastes like?

:)

Anonymous said...

It's on the third page of the menu under edible metaphors right next to Fettucine Trixie

Anonymous said...

The fettucine at Red Dot tastes like acrylic hair and lube

Trixie said...

"Acrylic hair and lube"?

Sounds like you've had sex with me after one of my parties!

Anonymous said...

the line was to fuck you not eat you

Anonymous said...

this sex party restaurant sounds terrible

Trixie said...

"the line was to fuck you not eat you..."

Um, babydoll, if you want to fuck me, you gotta eat me first!!

I'm tasty like the one dollar Sweet Potato Pie at Kennedy Fried Chicken.

..and less calories!

:)

Anonymous said...

Hudson whores are low tech but they give good service, all around, all around the world for an extra $50 bucks

Trixie said...

Of all the fucking blog posts of this fucking blog, THIS ONE gets (now) 19 comments!

Why?

Who knew that a blog post about my Hudson Water Bill would bring so much opinion.

Anonymous said...

"I'm one person and a dog" - oh quit your whining about water use Trixie - we've all seen pictures of your heartshaped pink bubblebath