Saturday, February 7, 2009

GayHudson.com Logo, the new Symbol of Hudson?

The new symbol for Hudson?

People ask me all the time,

"Trixie, how do you do it? You know all the news in town, plus, you're so glamorous, how do you ever keep up with it all?"

I politely smile and say, "Babydoll, it's easy, I get my Hudson news from three places, the Register-Star, the bar at the Red Dot, and the fliers on the window of Red Chopstick. All three I consider equally reputable sources of information. As for the glamor, you're on your own, kiddo."

Take it from me, if you hear it at the bar at the Red Dot, you know it must be true.

For instance, last night.....

Someone told me that it was in Hudson that the word, "cocktail" was first used in print.

Considering that this town was known for whaling - and now "cocktail" (although I don't know anyone who's getting enough COCK or TAIL in Hudson!) -- it would appear that the GayHudson.com logo - a whale holding a cocktail - would be the most appropriate new symbol for the town!

Either that, or a prostitute holding a cocktail.



Either one works for me.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Greenport has a symbol. Maybe they can use it.

Trixie said...

I thought the Greenport symbol was the happy Walmart face.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it could be the same whale in a Walmart uniform.

Anonymous said...

I thought the new Superwalmart will be in Stockport. Stockport is the new Greenport. So Stockport can use the whale in the walmart uniform holding a cocktail. Hudson can stick with its old symbol, the naked guy in a crown riding the backwards whale. And Greenport can have a pregnant teenage mom smoking discount cigarettes.

Anonymous said...

Does Claverack have a symbol? A little dutch boy plugging a dyke maybe?

Anonymous said...

That's a cool road sign - we just have "School zone, slow to 29, fines doubled" which isn't nearly as interesting.

Anonymous said...

shouldn't there be a schoolboy in the photo too? that is really government mandated sexism to only post a photo of a schoolgirl.

Anonymous said...

I think the symbol of Claverack is a man wearing a crown riding a horse backwards holding a tulip

Anonymous said...

Linlithgo's logo is an opossum wearing a John Deere tractor cap. It's kinda hot.

Anonymous said...

Are the hookers in Valatie really grannies? Ew.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Albany could be in for some adaptive reuse of your whale logo, since it isn't really representative of Hudson. The gays get fatter as you go farther north.

Trixie said...

They're called BEARS!

Don't get me in trouble with the BEARS!

And yes, they live in the Adirondacks.

Anonymous said...

The bears are going through your trash right now looking for SueBee Honey, hot dogs, and polyester wigs.

Anonymous said...

maybe the chunky "single ladies" guy can be the spokesperson for all Columbia County

Anonymous said...

is the "attenzione prostitute" sign from Eastor Mountain? Do they speak foriegn langriges up there? Do I need a passport?

Anonymous said...

I'm against all of these symbols - if we follow the history of WWII, we will wind up with a fascist mayor like Scalera.

Anonymous said...

If Scalera threw a wig on and bought some crepe paper, he could throw parties too - that may not be such a bad thing.

Trixie said...

Nothing is stopping any of you from throwing a wig on, put some crepe paper up, and planning a party.

As a matter of fact, I wish someone would!

I'll sit in the back with my Malibu and pineapple, and find some cute boy to blow.

Anonymous said...

Well I think the Greenport Walmart will be available soon. That will make a nice space for a circuit party.

Anonymous said...

http://www.loopnet.com/property/15912221/353-Fairview-Avenue/