Monday, March 2, 2009

Planning "The White Party"

(l. to r.) Trixie, Erika, and Gio plan the next Trixie's Whorehouse party

The other day, Erika, Gio and I were sitting at Jason's, over some leftover cheesecake and Indian food, planning the next "Trixie's Whorehouse" party.

The theme is going to be "The White Party"; it's Memorial Day, you can wear white now. It'll be just like the "White Party" in South Beach. Exactly like that, actually.

During the heated discussion regarding streamers, Gio said, "I don't want people to think we're being racist by planning a 'White Party', you know, with Obama in office and all."

I stopped and looked at him.

"We're planning a PARTY, Rose, not a Klan rally! It's Memorial Day, it's summer, wear white. Big fucking deal. It has nothing to do with race relations! It's a party, not a political statement!"

"Just as long as no one's offended or left out..." said Rose/Gio.

"They wear white," I'm annoyed at this point, "if they don't want to wear white, they don't have to. They can throw a sheet over their head for all I care."

"Then it would look like a Klan rally," chimed in Blanche/Erika, who barely looked up from her phone, texting her date for the evening.

"I can't believe I'm having this discussion!" I said, "What are people going to think? There's a white supremest drag queen in upstate New York throwing parties?"

Afterwards, I googled, 'white supremest drag queen', and this is who came up...

..eventually...

Trixie's Whorehouse

The White Party

Saturday, May 23rd

Memorial Day

Jason's Upstairs Bar

Wear white, if you want to.

Like I care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A racist party?

Boycott! Boycott! Boycott!

Oh, wait, that sounds like a good idea. Boy cots. You should definitely have boy cots at your next party. Somewhere for the go-go boys to lounge all sexy-like.

If you have boy cots at your next party I'll definitely be there!