Monday, August 24, 2009

Gay Day at the Duchess County Fair with Isis Vermouth Wednesday, Aug. 26th!

Isis and her boys.

It's a Big Gay Hudson Valley!

My newest best friend and gal pal, Isis Vermouth, decided that she is going to go to the Dutchess County Fair on Wednesday, Aug. 26th - and make it a Gay Day!

Why not?

Isis has great parties down at Truman's in New Paltz, which is an amazing space! It's worth the trip.

And who doesn't like a club filled with drag queens and college-aged New Paltz boys?

Yeah, I know, it's an hour away, but just get in the car and drive!

This is how I think of it....

If you live in the East Village, what are you going to do, NOT date someone who lives in Washington Heights? You know it's going to take at least an hour to get there on the train.

Or, worse even....if you live on the Upper East Side and want to date someone on the Upper West Side. What are you going to do? Walk across the park? Take a cab every time? Take the subway down to 59th or 42nd, then across, then up again? At least an hour on the train....

I think dating someone an hour away is a GREAT idea! You don't need to see them every day in the beginning. No. Not at all - once a week is sufficient. If they need constant attention/affirmation then there's a problem anyway....you need someone who already has a life and is not looking for you to fill the void of their existence. Trust me.

Trixie's "Dating Time Scale Rule of Thumb" is the following:

1) Within the first three months, no more than one date/week...on average.
2) No one calls the other a "boyfriend/girlfriend" until after three months of dating.
3) No one moves in with anyone else in the first year. This is important!

I don't care if their lease is up, they're not moving in! No. Forget it. Don't argue with me.

JUST LISTEN TO TRIXIE!!

(That should be the name of my new radio show.)

You need a year. Within a year's time, then you'll know if you're compatible. What's the rush anyway? If you're so in love, then you're going to spend the rest of your lives together, so what difference does a year make?

Yeah, I know...I'm going to get emails like,

"But Trixie, I met him on Manhunt and I knew that he was the one. We are living together after two weeks."

You want to know what real love is? I'll tell ya....

Real love is when you both close the Manhunt accounts....really....not, I'm going to close THIS Manhunt account, and leave the other one open and just block my boyfriend. No. That doesn't count.

It's when you stop looking over their shoulder to see if there's someone "better" out there. That's when you know you're happy.

Anyway, where was I?

If you want to go to the Dutchess County Fair, but you don't want to be the only homo there, then go with Isis. She's a hoot.

Wouldn't you want to walk around and look at prized pigs and cows with a drag queen?

I don't think I'd do it any other way...


Love ya,
Trix

************************************************************************
Lets show them some real fun!!

Isis Vermouth
Price: Adult Ticket $12 Senior age 65+, and Military w/proper ID $8 Children under 12 free
Date: Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Time: 4:20pm - 9:20pm
Location: Rhinebeck, New York 12572
Street: Rt 9
Email: isisvermouth@yahoo.com
Description: So I'll be prancing around 4:30pm.. Unless people want to join me earlier in the day.. I would be down!!

After Party @ Halo Main St Poughkeepsie!!

Fair Hours
Tuesday - Sunday: 10 am-10 pm
Rides Run Daily: 10 am-11 pm; Fri & Sat 10 am-midnight
Commercial Vendors: Open 10 am-10 pm
Food Vendors: Open 10 am-11 pm

For six days each August, the Dutchess Fairgrounds on Route 9 in Rhinebeck plays host to nearly half a million patrons for the Dutchess County Fair. The second largest county fair in New York State is the with big name talents, one of the finest carnivals in the entire country, free shows and attractions. This is a major playground for Dutchess County in the Hudson Valley.

No comments: