Saturday, August 1, 2009

Trixie goes camping

If you approach every day of your life as another episode in a sitcom that you're writing, then everything, every problem and challenge, is just part of the wacky adventure.

Like right now, I'm sitting at a gay campground in the middle of northeastern Pennsylvania. I tell myself I'm 'roughing it' because the WiFi connection is rather slow and there's no soy milk for my morning coffee.

There's more nudity here than needs to be, and I just ate breakfast outside with three smokers - fresh country air!

I've been here only a few hours, and really nothing exciting has happened, except breakfast with the smokers and watching an older naked gentleman clean the pool.

How low do his balls hang everytime he bends over? Amazing.

It reminds me of a joke by Joan Rivers.....She woke up one morning and found only one gray furry slipper by her bed. Then she realized that it was her pussy and it had fallen out in the middle of the night.

(And THAT reminds me, I have to do my Kegel exercises. I try to get a few Kegels in every time I stop at a stop light, or when I'm traffic. Try it! It'll lead to stronger orgasms and less incontinence in your future. Hey, if you're in diapers in a few years, don't say I didn't warn you. I'm just a fountain of advice - I don't know why more people don't listen...)

Speaking of incontinence, I need another cup of coffee, so I'm going to leave you with this (long) quote from the Dalai Lama, because I got nothing else right now:

"Although most people cannot alter the structure of their lives, they feel they also cannot change the quality of their experience of this structure. Life has its ups, but also lots of downs, and it is all very stressful. They feel they are a tiny part of some solid, giant mechanism they can do nothing about. They therefore go through life in a mechanical, passive manner, like a passenger on a life-long speeding roller coaster going up and down and round and round, assuming that not only the track, but also the tension and stress experienced while circling on it are an inevitable part of the never-ending ride.

Since such experience of one's life, despite its pleasures, can be very depressing, it is vitally essential to do something about it. Just drinking ourselves into oblivion each night, or seeking constant entertainment and distraction by having music or television on all the time or incessantly playing computer games so that we never have to think about our life, is not going to eliminate the problem. We must take ourselves seriously. This means to have respect for ourselves as human beings. We are not just pieces of machinery or helpless passengers on the fixed ride of life that is sometimes smooth, but all too often bumpy. We need, therefore, to look more closely at what we are experiencing each day. And if we see that we are stressed by the tension of our city, household or office, we should not just accept this as something inevitable.

Our living, work and home environments, including the attitudes and behavior of others in them, merely provide the circumstances in which we live out our lives. The quality of our life, however--what we ourselves, not anybody else, are experiencing right now--is the direct result of our own attitudes and the behavior they generate, not anybody else's".

The Gelug/Kagyu Tradition of Mahamudra


Remember -

BINGO NIGHT - Tuesday, August 4th at 7pm @ pm, the wine bar
Trixie's Whorehouse - Saturday, August 8th, 10pm, jason's upstairs bar
Tupperware Party Benefit for Second Show - Wed, Aug. 12th, 5:30-7:30, jason's upstairs bar

I'll remind you again. Keep reading, this will be a fun weekend.

Trix

No comments: