Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Marriage Equality - Call Senator Saland

Marriage Equality demonstration on the State Capital last night.

The State Senate is back in session and poised for a vote on gay marriage in New York!

Let's make it happen!!

Call our State Senator - Senator Saland (who is AGAINST gay marriage last time I heard) and tell him to support it!

Albany Office
617 Legislative Office Building
Albany, New York 12247
518-455-2411

District Office
3 Neptune Road, Suite A19B
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601
845-463-0840


Now, do I believe in gay marriage? Sure.

(I think that marriage shouldn't be legislated by the government AT ALL....gay or straight...but that's not really the issue. Or, there should be equal government 'civil unions' for gay and straight couples - as in France - and let the term 'marriage' be determined by the person's religion. But, that's not going to happen anytime soon....and any legislator that uses that argument to explain their "No Gay Marriage" vote - I think is bullshit.)

In the interest of EQUALITY - gay marriage should pass in the state of New York! Our State Senator - representing Dutchess and Columbia counties, should vote IN FAVOR of gay marriage.

Call him and let him know.

Now, what do I really think?

These state senators didn't want to vote on this issue until AFTER the election. They're afraid of being pegged for or against this issue.

Let's see how Saland votes.

You know that if he votes against it.....I'm organizing a Trixie's Whorehouse bus load of Hudsonians to pay him a visit.

Don't fuck with me, Saland....I've been to the RODEO!

1 comment:

Trixie said...

"Excuse me, Senator Saland, but Trixie's Whorehouse from Hudson is here to see you...."