Thursday, January 14, 2010

What's Next, Trix?

The new sign by the waterfront.
I'm not "translating" it for you....you have to go down there and read it for yourself.

I know, I haven't been keeping this blog up-to-date.

Sometimes, I just don't have anything to say.

One of my biggest pet peeve (well, ONE of my many pet peeves, I should say) is people who talk a lot, but say nothing.

Another one of my pet peeves is writing with dangling prepositions. Yeah, I know it's easy to have a dangling preposition, and sometimes, there's no easy answer --- you have to re-write the entire sentence!

Then do it! Don't be lazy. There's no excuse.

Anyway, let's go back to people talking too much. I dated this one guy once, very oral.

Which was GREAT during sex!!!

After the sex, he just keep talking....non-stop....about things that were totally irrelevant!!

The price of gas.

A pregnant co-worker.

The thread count of the sheets.

I keep thinking, "....shut up...can you just shut up? please? "

The things you endure for a good blow job.....really...

Speaking of blow jobs, I was down by the Hudson Waterfront the other day....and there was a new sign! See above.

I don't know who put it there. Someone did. You can go down to the waterfront and read it yourself. There's a story, too.

I think this town needs a new 'walking tour' guide. I think there already is one...but....that won't stop me.

;)

Jason's Upstairs Bar is having a closing party on January 30th.

ok --- true story ----

The Black Party, this past September, was my 40th birthday party.

It's a typical Trixie's Whorehouse party. Everyone's out dancing, and having fun, and GIO is there, spinning. My friends and neighbors are all there, and people are giving me gifts and wishing me happy birthday. Erika pulls out a cake, the whole bar sings 'Happy Birthday'. It was all very, very sweet.

Then, all of a sudden, there are about five people hovering around me, with their cell phones! Jason is texting everyone!!!

'Tell Trixie to meet me in the back! It's urgent!'

OMG...I think....something stupid is happening.

"Something stupid" usually happens. It's nothing major, just something stupid. Like, someone loses something, or the fire department shows up for a pulled alarm....

....something stupid....

I grab GIO and pull him back with me.

I blame him for everything that goes wrong....whether it's his fault or not.

He takes it well.....the blame, that is.

By the time we get to the back of the bar, I'm a wreck. What could it be NOW?

I walk into the back room, and Jason pulls out a little black box and wishes me 'Happy Birthday'. I wanted to kill him.

It's a necklace, made by his wife, in the shop downstairs. It's simple; a single piece hand-molded jewelry.

I wear it everyday.

It reminds me of the thoughtfulness of Jason and his wife, Shana, and it reminds me of that night, when a bar-full of people sang 'Happy Birthday' to me.

If I'm out of town, I look into the mirror and see it, and it brings me home. It reminds me that you can find an abundance of happiness and love, even in a little town called 'Hudson'.

Thank you,
Trix

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTF!?! Jason's is Closing??? :(