Saturday, February 20, 2010

Just Do It, Hudson!




You can do it.

If it doesn't work, then you just have to KEEP DOING IT!

Two years ago, I started a party in Hudson....now....did I really know what I was doing?

No.

I still don't.

Gio and I, we found a space.

We made fliers....and hung them up...and I put on a dress and a wig, and planned a party.

I kept planning parties, and some parties worked, and some didn't.

You throw shit up against the wall....sometimes, it sticks, sometimes it doesn't.

It takes time before you figure out the right formula.

Sometimes, you make mistakes, and that's when your friends are there, to tell you to keep going.

Every now and then, you come up with another idea....like a BINGO night.

Fine.

I'll put on the dress and a wig again, and bake cookies, and call BINGO numbers, and tell stupid jokes.

How difficult can that be?

It's not.

Next BINGO is this Tuesday!


You just keep going.

Don't think about it too much.

Don't stress out.

Don't listen to the naysayers.

Don't worry that it's not good enough, or that it's not perfect.

Just do it.


Love you,
Trix