Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Weekend!


Hey Hudson,

If you're thinking about what to do this weekend....let me tell you!!

First off, get yourself a FABULOUS box of hand-dipped chocolates at Vasilows!

(I didn't hand-dip them, don't worry....you don't know where my hands have been. That's why I wear the gloves.)

And, then go to my party at the RED DOT, Saturday night.


DONE.

OMG, I have not seen the decorations yet, but I have a feeling that they are going to be AWESOME!!

Why? Because I didn't do them.

Trix is a "numbers gal". I'll reconcile your checkbook for you, I'll even manually calculate your bowling score, but don't ask me to decorate your house. Plus, there's about three thousand other people in this town that will be MORE than happy to decorate.

So not my skill set......

:)

Anyway, on Sunday, go to pm, the wine bar, they are having a Valentine's Day special!

Here it is!

It includes two glasses of wine, which I know is not enough for most of you drunks, but it's a start....

P M Wine Bar – Valentine Menu

Sunday, February 14, 2010

APPETIZERS – Tapas Style

Angels on Horse Back:

~ Oysters wrapped in bacon, served w/blue fondue sauce ~

Beef & Gorgonzola Remake w/caramel glaze

Parsnip Latkes w/crab apple compote & leeks au Pernod

Parsnip & Crab Latkes w/Cajun remoulade & red pepper Rouille

* OPTIONAL: SANS ENTRÉES:

Chef’s Specialty Tempura w/ginger ponzu sauce

ENTRÉES

Chef Danyell’s ‘Chik ‘n’ Dumpings’ w/rosemary-garlic tuiles

Gnocchi Florentine w/fresh spinach, ricotta & Parmesan

DESSERT (Select 1 item per couple)

Molten Chocolate Cake w/raspberry coulis

Burgundy Poached Pear w/passion zabaglione

Orange Florentine Lace Cookies per order

$50 per person

Includes prix-fixe menu and two glasses wine






And you know what?

If you don't have a Valentine, don't worry about it....

Why?

Truth is, half those couples don't want to be together anyway.

They're together because they're bored, or afraid of being alone, or codependent, or financially inter-related, or they're with an abusive spouse, or they've just been doing it for so long, they don't know what else to do. Honestly, there aren't a helluva lot of healthy relationships out there, unfortunately....

If you ARE a happy couple, then good for you!

If you're single, then let me tell ya - it's MUCH better being single than being stuck in a bad relationship.

Trust me.

Just go out on Saturday night with your friends and have some fun!!

And ya know what?

That's all there is.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Trix

No comments: