Sunday, May 2, 2010

Milk Crate

Hi --

I just came out of the Hudson Pride first meeting, and it went very well! We had about a dozen people show up.

Tomorrow, I'll post what we did and set up a new website.

True story, different topic....and I can't really say it ties into Hudson Pride, but whatever.

I talked to my brother this morning who told me a story, I'd forgotten....

He said to me,

"Do you remember, I was about five years old, in the garage, trying to reach something on the shelf, and I asked you to get it down for me."

I must have been around eleven at the time. I said, "No, I don't remember."

"I asked for your help and you said you weren't going to get it for me."

"Oh," I said.

"But you told me, 'Get that milk crate and turn it upside down. Now, stand on it.' And I reached up and got it down myself. You watched me, and then said, 'God helps those who help themselves,' and walked out. I remember not being mad at you, but rather, happy. It stayed with me all these years."

My brother now runs his own computer software company...so, maybe, it worked.


Trix

2 comments:

unkle bill said...

f**kin lump in my throat

luckymonkey said...

<3 this