Thursday, June 10, 2010

An email I received today....

True story:

***************************************************
Hullo just read the great news about the boys winning Prom King & Queen in your city, just wanted to say hi and thanks for keeping the dream alive.

I grew up gay in a tiny little Missouri town (150 people) and I know how much it would have meant to me to have a role model like you around to set an example for me.

Thanks for being you!

***************************************************

As Erika, the Book Heiress, said to me tonight....

It's been a lot of nights doing a lot of things, sometimes I don't even know why I do it.

Calling BINGO numbers, posting fliers around town, meetings, countless hours of organizing and baking cookies....

Keeping cash in my boot...yelling at GIO!!!

And then you get one email, from a total stranger, and it's all worthwhile.

:)

Trix

No comments: