Friday, July 2, 2010

Shana Gallery Opening

Shana Lee's Opening Celebration
Saturday, July 3rd 4-8pm

315 Warren Street


Hey -

I'm kinda back....not really.

Hudson Pride took a lot of energy, and it would be nice to just write a blog.

....that's how it all started.

Today, there was a editorial in the Register-Star about someone walking down Warren Street with his family and a couple of drag queens made a snide remark.

Hey, I'm not responsible for every snide remark that comes out of every drag queen in this town!

Please.

If you missed Hudson Pride, all you have to do is watch this video. It's wonderful.

Hudson Pride from Travis Bleen on Vimeo.

It kinda sums it all up.

It can make even an old whore cry.

The post below I wrote back in January. It's still true.....and I still wear it everyday.

Thank you, Hudson!

Love,

Trix

*********************************************************

Jason's Upstairs Bar is having a closing party on January 30th.

ok --- true story ----

The Black Party, this past September, was my 40th birthday party.

It's a typical Trixie's Whorehouse party. Everyone's out dancing, and having fun, and GIO is there, spinning. My friends and neighbors are all there, and people are giving me gifts and wishing me happy birthday. Erika pulls out a cake, the whole bar sings 'Happy Birthday'. It was all very, very sweet.

Then, all of a sudden, there are about five people hovering around me, with their cell phones! Jason is texting everyone!!!

'Tell Trixie to meet me in the back! It's urgent!'

OMG...I think....something stupid is happening.

"Something stupid" usually happens. It's nothing major, just something stupid. Like, someone loses something, or the fire department shows up for a pulled alarm....

....something stupid....

I grab GIO and pull him back with me.

I blame him for everything that goes wrong....whether it's his fault or not.

He takes it well.....the blame, that is.

By the time we get to the back of the bar, I'm a wreck. What could it be NOW?

I walk into the back room, and Jason pulls out a little black box and wishes me 'Happy Birthday'. I wanted to kill him.

It's a necklace, made by his wife, in the shop downstairs. It's simple; a single piece hand-molded jewelry.

I wear it everyday.

It reminds me of the thoughtfulness of Jason and his wife, Shana, and it reminds me of that night, when a bar-full of people sang 'Happy Birthday' to me.

If I'm out of town, I look into the mirror and see it, and it brings me home. It reminds me that you can find an abundance of happiness and love, even in a little town called 'Hudson'.

Thank you,
Trix

No comments: