Sunday, September 19, 2010

Smalltown Boy

I know, once again, I'm remiss in my blogging.

A lot has happened....

You know, leave it to the lesbians. Now, the Hudson Pride Foundation is an official non-profit.

ISH.

I think, technically, there's like five years of something, and you're considered a non-profit.

Whatever. (And a year until I can start doing BINGO for REAL MONEY!)

But, we can start accepting donations as a non-profit.

I think we're the first official gay/lesbian/bi-trans-whatever organization in Columbia County.

I know, right, can you believe it?

Well, we got the letter above from Charlie. It's very sweet.

And reminds us of what it's about.

There is this song, "Smalltown Boy" by Bronski Beat

You leave in the morning
With everything you own
In a little black case
Alone on a platform
The wind and the rain
On a sad and lonely face

Mother will never understand
Why you had to leave
But the answers you seek
Will never be found at home
The love that you need
Will never be found at home

Run away, turn away, run away, turn away, run away.
Run away, turn away, run away, turn away, run away.

************************************
For many young gay men and lesbians, this was it.

You ran away.

Granted, in many small towns, it's still true.

But, not here.

You don't have to run away. You CAN find the love that you need at home.....in Hudson.

-Trix