Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Municipal Bonds and Eye Make-Up


I 'unfriended' this kid on facebook yesterday.

He was totally annoying.

Kid, like 22 years old.

Usually, the annoying people, I just hide their posts, and it's fine. They never have to know that I don't care about their lives.

But, this kid wouldn't stop. He was very in-my-face. He wanted to 'chat' with me, and a little chat window would come up with something nasty.

Like -

"Your show wasn't that great, and it was too expensive."

Or,

"You should wear eye make up. You look like a boy in a dress."

(That's the idea.)

Unfriend. Done.


Leave me alone, kid, ya bother me!


I don't understand the eye make up, thing. There's a set defined rules and definitions of what a drag queen should look like?

....or, what ANY of us should look like for that matter?


You know what kind of eye make-up I'll wear? Whatever the fuck kind I want to wear. That kind.

So, I'm there sitting with some of the board members from the Hudson Pride Foundation, and I was saying,

"Ya know, if we have any money leftover, we should really have a plan to invest it. I'm thinking something nice, safe, and secure....something like triple-tax-free MUNICIPAL BONDS."

"Triple-tax-fee" is my favorite 'three-words-together'.

More than "I-love-you."

With "triple-tax-free", you know what you're getting; with "I-love-you", it's hit or miss.

Anyway, I mentioned the municipal bonds, and the board members looked at me and said,

"Trix, did you ever think about eye makeup? Maybe a little eye make-up, silly drag queen. We are going to talk to a financial adviser about stuff like that, but you really should think about mascara. Thanks for your input, Trix... We'll definitely think about it...."

We met with the financial adviser, and asked her about safe investments for the scholarship fund.

What did she recommend?

Municipal bonds.

I'm a silly drag queen, with no eye makeup.....and twenty years of experience on Wall Street....

1 comment:

luckymonkey said...

WC Fields would have looked great with a little eye makeup.