Saturday, August 6, 2011

Facebook Etiquette - Where is Emily Post when you need her?

I tried to find information on-line about proper facebook etiquette. It's a big issue. People don't know what to do sometimes.

I found a lot of nonsense - but, then I went straight to the source, Ms. Emily Post!

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others.
If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use."
—Emily Post

That sums it up. Most of my facebook etiquette issues with "facebook friends" are when someone posts, links, un-friends, etc. and you think...

"Why would someone say/do something like that?"

The answer is probably because they are not considering the feelings of others.

Thanks, Emily!

More information on Emily Post and facebook etiquette can be found at this link. Click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Truman Capote were alive and posting to Facebook, would you feel the same way? Kind of doubt he would be using Emily Post as his guide...

Trixie said...

...and what is your point? I have not idea what you're trying to say...

GIsen said...

I recently became very annoyed that a fairly new friend unfriended me with absolutely no explanation.I thought/think it's rude to insist on FB someone that up a storm for weeks then all of sudden poof. Then when you send them a msg on FB and by text asking for a reason you get nothing. Are we grown ups here or not? I hate how FB/text/email makes it easy to avoid actual communication with humans.I even asked a few IRL friends what are the rules for FB. And should I be as hurt as I am, because i understand the significance of FB friends to this individual.